“Pattes-Loup Chablis: Thomas Pico is the winemaker, young and energetic, his wines have always over delivered. I think he produces Chablis for Sommeliers to drink” Samuel Davies, Regional Sommelier for zuma Hong Kong, Bangkok and ROKA Hong Kong
Beijing 27 Feb , Shanghai Mar 2 , Hong Kong Mar 5, Kuala Lumpur Mar 9 & Singapore Mar 16
HEDONISTIC “DELIVERING MAXIMUM DRINKING PLEASURE WITH A RICH, FULL BODY AND LOADS OF RIPE FRUIT FLAVORS. NEITHER INTROSPECTIVE NOR INTELLECTUAL, BUT RATHER PROVIDING SHEER DELIGHT, JOY AND EUPHORIA. HEDONISTIC WINES CAN BE CRITICIZED BECAUSE IN ONE SENSE THEY PROVIDE SO MUCH ECSTASY THAT THEY CAN BE LABELLED “OBVIOUS”, BUT THEY ARE TOTALLY GRATIFYING WINES THAT FASCINATE AND ENTHRALL. PLEASURE AT ITS BEST.” Robert Parker Read More >
Altaya Wines, Hong Kong are holding a Pinot Noir master class and dinner with a host of top producers attending and guided by Debra Meiburg MW, in Hong Kong on June 9th, see below and visit http://www.altayawines.com/en/event.php
When it comes to charity, many people react to donating at times of crisis to organisations such as the Red Cross saving starving children or working in war torn countries. However, there are many other compelling causes and Room to Read is one of them. It is the next step to helping the less-fortunate children and developing countries gain access to books and education, helping the poor to educate themselves and working towards a sustainable future. Read More >
“Demystifying Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate”
Exclusive Master Class and Guided Blind Tasting led by Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW and Neal Martin with Robert Parker Guest appearance.
Grand Ballroom, Aberdeen Marina Club – 2pm to 4.30pm Wednesday 9th November
Up Close & Personal Dinner with Robert Parker
Restaurant Petrus, Island Shangri-La – 7pm to 10pm Wednesday 9th November
“Les Fruits de La Vigne” Dinner with Neal Martin, Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW
Function Room, Aberdeen Marina Club – 7pm to 10pm Thursday 10th November
Exclusive Master Class and Guided Blind Tasting 9th Nov, Aberdeen Marina Club – 200 pax
- Guided blind tasting of 5 brackets of 2 wines, old & young vintages for each, from key regions The Wine Advocate writes about & discussion on how they review wines.
- Wines featured: Château Lafite Rothschild & Harlan Estate 1998-2006, Château Haut Brion & Moss Wood 2001-2008, Château Suduiraut 1975-2001.
Up Close & Personal Dinner with Robert Parker 9th Nov, Restaurant Petrus – 20 pax
- Robert Parker to sit at a single table with 20 guests, discussing the current state of the wine market and current trends in investment worthy wines.
- Champagne Krug Grande Cuvée served on arrival, then 9 of the world’s most incredible wines are to be matched in pair with tailor made Gastronomic 8-Course Menu from Michelin-starred Petrus, Island Shangri-La.
- Wines featured: Château de Beaucastel Hommage à Jacques Perrin 98, Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle 78, Dominus Estate 94, Château Cheval Blanc 90, Château La Mission Haut-Brion 82, Château Lafite Rothschild 86, Petrus 89, Château Latour 61, Château d’Yquem 75
“Les Fruits de La Vigne” Dinner 10th Nov, Aberdeen Marina Club – 50 pax
- “Les Fruits de la Vigne”, or a unique Fine Wine Dining Experience, is Hermitage Wines’ annual Signature Wine Dinner Event; it combines in the same event Top Wine Critics, Top Fine Wines (2 brackets of 3 wines) and Top Chef.
- For this 2011 Edition in Hong Kong, “Les Fruits de la Vigne” will be hosted by Neal Martin & Lisa Perrotti-Brown of The Wine Advocate and they will give commentary throughout the Dinner.
- Wines featured: Château de Beaucastel (pending) & Château Haut Brion 89-96-03
Official Website: parkerinasia.com
PARTICIPATE IN THE WORLD’S MOST PRESTIGIOUS WINE SUMMT IN ASIA
Winefuture Hong Kong 2011 is only 2 months away and wine aficionados around the world are gearing up for what is set to be Asia’s biggest conference on wine ever. Over 40 speakers from around the world, including Robert Parker Jr., Jancis Robinson MW and Pancho Campo MW, will be gracing Hong Kong’s shores to talk about the future of wine in Asia. We also have celebrities from the film making scene, namely Francis Ford Coppola.
The Wandering Palate’s recipe for an ideal urban family holiday catering to everyone’s needs and desires.
One of the conundrums of family holiday planning is trying to cater to everyone’s individual wants and needs, both adults and children. Actually, the reality is everything gets planned around the children, which is where most hotels fall short in catering to the most demanding of all guests. They may not pay the bill but I can assure you, if the kids are happy mum is happy. And if mums happy, dad is happy and you will potentially have a repeat customer.
The Standard is the first free English daily newspaper in Hong Kong. The popular daily publication has an audited circulation of 222,413 copies a day. It has evolved into a powerful, influential medium in Hong Kong with a diverse audience and a broad reach since becoming a free newspaper in September 2007. The paper is distributed Monday through Friday throughout Hong Kong.
Editorial quality, integrity and fairness remain guiding principles, with a diverse range of news and features presented in a bold tabloid format.