Brought to you by The Wandering Palate and Hermitage Wine.
Matt Kramer, Wine Spectator‘s contributing editor and columnist for the magazine both in print and online, “Drinking Out Loud” will be in Singapore with ‘one nightly only’ appearance and wine dinner at…
Saint Pierre Restaurant
5 Magazine Road
Saturday, February 26th
$388++ per person
Bookings through Hermitage Wines
Tel +65 6272 2013
Limited seats – Book Now!
Kramer is a legendary wine commentator and critic with a career spanning over 30 years writing columns for The Oregonian, The New York Sun, Los Angeles Times, and since 1985 a regular contributor to Wine Spectator. He has been described as “Perhaps the most un-American of all America’s wine writers”, with by Mike Steinberger at Slatedefining him as “One of the more insightful and entertaining wine writers around”, Hugh Johnson characterises him as “An intellectual guerrilla among wine writers”!
He is also a prolific author with many wine enthusiasts cutting their teeth on his Making Sense of Wine and Making Sense of Burgundy. His more current books are:
- Matt Kramer’s New California Wine (2004)
- Matt Kramer’s Making Sense of Italian Wine (2006)
- Matt Kramer on Wine: A Matchless Collection of Columns, Essays, and Observations by America’s most original and lucid Wine Writer (2010)
A brilliant speaker, Kramer is both entertaining and intelligible and you will assuredly be enlightened by his engaging oratory as much enjoy some excellent wines and 5-Course Menu created by celebrity Chef Emmanuel Stroobant.
As a forerunner and palate-teaser in line with our upcoming Burghound event, “An Unrivalled Passion for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay” www.burghoundinasia.com we will be featuring some if the very best producers that will be participating in the Burghound event, with Matt Kramer leading us through his Chardonnay and Pinot Noir philosophy.
- Lombard, Champagne, France (To open the palate)
- Domaine Leflaive, Burgundy (Top White Wine Producer from Burgundy)
- Two Paddocks, Central Otago (Owned by acclaimed actor, Sam Neill, who’s obsession is Pinot)
- Domaine Serene, Oregon (Top Oregon Pinot Noir producer championing the ‘New World’)
- Bass Phillip, Gippsland, Australia (Arguably the best Pinot Noir producer down-under)
- Claude Dugat, Burgundy (One of the top producers from Gevrey Chambertin, Cote du Nuits)