Conrad Koh Samui recently teamed up with acclaimed sweet wine connoisseur Gerhard Kracher http://www.kracher.at/en/ to present the ‘Weingut Kracher Wine dinner at the resort’s signature restaurant, Jahn.
Kracher presented a selection of his famed sweet wines from his vineyard in Burgenland to accompany a specially-designed menu by Konrad Inghelram, the executive chef at Conrad Koh Samui. The sweet wine and Inghelram’s menu, featuring dishes including Panang Curry with prawn and Local Ginger Parfait, blended perfectly and created an evening of delightful cuisine.
Whilst at the resort, Kracher educated guests about the exquisite wine they had experienced and revealed his top tips about how to best serve and enjoy sweet wine including:
- Few people know the actual definition of a sweet wine; a sweet wine is a wine with residual sugar.
- When looking for a sweet wine, look for one with complexity. It is not enough for a sweet wine to just be sweet.
- Serve the sweet wine at around 10 – 12 degrees. It will warm up fast in the glass hence it is best served cold.
- Try sweet wine with spicy foods for a delicious combination. Any food with chili, ginger or curry spices works particularly well.
- Cheese and sweet wine is a perfect match. Try blue cheese or any aged cheese to really make the most of the wine.
- When serving Thai food, surprise guests and serve a sweet wine, the sweetness balances the Thai spices better than any white or red wine can.
- At a dinner party, serve sweet wine at the end of a meal as a course by itself bringing the meal to a relaxing and sophisticated close.
- To impress and surprise guests, serve sweet wine as an aperitif to compliment dishes such as Fois Gras. Guests will be astounded that a sweet wine works at both the beginning and end of a meal.
Weingut Kracher wines are available in Thailand through Take Fin www.fin-wine.com
About Conrad Koh Samui
Conrad Koh Samui is Koh Samui’s newest luxury resort villa property, setting new standards on the ever popular Thai island of Koh Samui. Comprising 80 villas and 39 Conrad Residential villas, located on a secluded hill on the South West tip of the island. Spread over 25 acres, the luxurious resort will offer panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand’s stunning sunsets, outlying islands and the surrounding landscape of lush coconut plantations.